Welcome to Self Improvement Guide
Self Improvement Html Article
For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
Self-Hypnosis Towards Self Improvementfrom: Motivated Lifestyle - Staff Writer
Self hypnosis is a great tool both for goal setting and for your own personal self improvement. Most people are surprised at how easy it is to learn self-hypnosis, and self-hypnosis in turn can make a lot of things much easier.
Self hypnosis is usually thought of as a person listening to an audio tape, mp3, or other mass-produced media. Usually the intention is to induce a willingness to absorb suggestions centered around a specific topic, such as weight loss or stopping smoking etc etc. Unfortunately this kind of hypnosis is generally prepared by someone who has never met the person being hypnotized, often presenting unwanted, and sometimes even unpleasant imagery and suggestions.
For example, if you sunburn easily, that last thing you want to hear about is a slow walk on a sunny beach. In this case, the "self" in self hypnosis simply means that you listen to it by yourself. So the question is how do you incorporate self improvement to hypnosis?
To be able to go about self improvement, there are certain aspects in you that should be addressed, and by using hypnosis, the negative aspects that are serving as hindrances to improvement, are eliminated. A true self hypnosis would necessarily be designed and created by the very person who will ultimately use and benefit from it.
So for instance, unlike the mass-produced hypnosis products, this particular hypnosis is made for the exact purpose the person wishes, including the precise words and phrases that mean the most to that particular person. True self hypnosis is thus crafted by the person to suit his or her own needs, and the benefits derived could only be accomplished with such a personal, one-of-a-kind hypnosis therefore. In this case, the "self" in self hypnosis really does mean that you are hypnotized by yourself!
Listed below is a brief view of the self hypnotic process. Though lots of variations of this method have been used, these are the basic steps which you have to go through, in order to hypnotize yourself to accomplish self improvement.
1. Prioritize your goals from the most important goal to the least important. If possible, your goals should be measurable.
2. For each goal you should formulate fitting suggestions, which means that, you have to convert your goals into specific instructions to your subconscious mind on how to achieve each goal.
3. Relaxation. Use the first minutes of your self hypnotic session to get as relaxed as possible. Try to forget all your worries and problems.
4. Start your hypnotic initiation phase by saying and repeating out loud the hypnotic words you have chosen, thinking of these words or listening to a hypnotic tape or CD customized for your hypnotic and goal fulfillment needs.
5. Apply the hypnotic suggestions you have made for reaching the specific goal you work with, say them out loud, think them or use a tailored hypnotic tape or CD.
Before you start up your self hypnotic exercises you should set aside a time schedule for it. Do your hypnotic sessions every day, five minutes a day is enough. Repeat your suggestions as often as possible during the day. Measure your progress, and ask yourself if you are closer to your goal now than you were before you started out. If you answer negative to these questions, you have to rethink and reorganize your train of thoughts.
This is the only way you can find out if this method is really helping you in achieving your self improvement goals.