Welcome to Self Confidence Guide
How To Fake Confidence For Teens Article
For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
Ten Ways To Build Up Self Confidence And Win Friendsfrom: Jim Holden - Staff Writer
People who struggle with a lack of self-confidence often struggle in making friends, and this is because they are usually either too afraid of criticism, or simply do not have enough will to initiate conversation. Of course there are many other reasons why people who lack self-confidence also lack friends, and those reasons can vary from person to person. If you are one of them therfore, here are some important tips which you can follow:-
1. Be positive! People tend not to want to make friends with negative individuals, as very often it just does not work out, so in order for you to make friendships for yourself therefore, you must learn how to think positively. Avoid concentrating your attention on your deficiencies for instance, and instead, try to focus on the things which you have achieved, even the small ones. Other people will also look at you as an interesting person, and fun to be with, if you are positive.
2. Praise yourself for each job well done, because you need to recognize your personal accomplishments, be they big or small, as this will help you build up your self-confidence and increase your desire for making future tasks work. You should also reward yourself for those things which you have done well.
3. Do not be self-conscious! The biggest enemy of individuals who want to build their self-confidence is their self-conscious feelings, so make sure that you prevent yourself from entertaining thoughts of this nature by diverting your attention away from anxiety and fear. Hold your head up high if you are among the crowd, because all human beingsare created equal so you do not have to be ashamed of who you are.
4. Be yourself! You have probably heard this a million times, but you still do not seem to get the whole point of it! Do not think that you are someone who belongs to the lower class, but do what you do best, and at all costs be yourself.
5. Do not seek perfection! Nobody is perfect, so do not try so hard to become someone who is. If you make a mistake and people criticize you, shake it off and do not take it as the end of the world, but rather just think that every once in a while, you will fail in some way or anpther, because everybody does. It is normal to make mistakes, so make a difference to yourself by standing up and admitting every time that you fail.
6. Think of yourself as beautiful! Beauty is subjective, so even if you are not within the world's standard of "beautiful", face the mirror, smile and tell yourself that you are indeed a beautiful person. You should also say good things about yourself in front of the mirror, you will find that it will help you a lot.
7. Take responsibility! Building up your self-confidence will not come easy, and you will need to work on it. One of the important things that you should do is to take responsibility for situations and events. This does not have to be big, you can start in a small way, and work your way up.
8. Set realistic goals! You will begin to notice that once you achieve one partiular goal which you have set yourself, you build up your confidence, so much so, that when you take on the next task, you will find that you again achieve it, this time probably more easily.
9. Take good care of yourself! Self-confidence begins if you feel good about yourself, and to do that, you need to eat properly, make sure that you get enough rest, and exercise regularly. The changes that are brought by doing these things, will make you look good from the outside and make you feel great on the inside.
10. Avoid stressful environments! Undertake each task in plenty of time, to avoid a pile up, and do the tasks one at a time. If you are stressed, it will lead to a lack of self-confidence, so you should make sure that you know how to manage your time effectively accomplish all of the day's work.